Through this easy and simple trick you can easily display a legal or warning or any other sort of message in a pop up window when your Windows starts.
This trick can also be used to add warning message to login screen when your system is open to public or is used by multiple user.
- For Windows XP users- Go to Start and then to Run.
- For Window 7 users-Go to Start and type Regedit in the Search Box. When ‘REGEDIT.EXE’ appears, right clicks on it and then select Run as Administrator.
- OR, Press shortcut key for Run i.e. Windows key +R and type Regedit and simply press Entre.
- Registry Editor Window will appear.
- From the left panel of the registry editor, navigate to the following keys:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/SOFTWARE/MICROSOFT/WINDOWS NT/CURRENT VISION/WINLOGON
- In the Panel on the right hand side of registry editor look for- LEGALNOTICECAPTION, double click on it to modify the stored data and then entre any sort of message of your choice or warning that you want to be displayed when your Windows starts.
For Example “Visit Tech-i-Hawk.com”
- Press OK or hit the Entre key to save the changes that you made.
“And that’s all”
Now the Windows will show the message every time you log-in.
If you want to remove the display message, simply right click on the message and select Delete.