Did you know that you can break the old-fashioned way of shutting or restarting Windows?
With this trick you can easily shut or restart your personal computers by click on your desktop. By following this trick you can create shortcut on your desktop for shutting down or for restarting the Windows.
1. Right Click on the empty space on your Desktop.
2. Drift the cursor above “NEW” and then click “SHORTCUT” on the menu that appears next.
3. Copy the suitable codes from below and paste it to the text field
- To Shutdown – Shutdown –s –t 0
- To Restart- Shutdown –r –t 0
- To Logoff – Shutdown –l –t 0
4. Type a name for the shortcut and then click on Finish when done.
5. Right click on the shortcut and then choose the properties.
6. Click on “Change Icon”
7. Choose an appropriate Icon similar to that of code of shortcut that you want to create (Shutdown/Restart/Logoff)
8. Then, click on Ok to select the icon for the shortcut.
9. When you are done double click on the shortcut to shutdown the Windows.